Teaching Assistant: Mrs L Russell
Welcome to class 5HD. We are the Scarlet Macaws! I hope you have had a fabulous Summer and are as excited as I am about getting back to school and the new school year ahead.
If you work hard and always try your best, Terrance the scarlet macaw will notice and you may have a chance of becoming 'Star of the Week' and have him for your desk on a Friday to recognise your efforts.
Please note that this year, we will aim to do lots of outdoor learning and exercise outdoors daily. Therefore please ensure your child comes in their PE kit to school on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This is still in line with Covid advice. It may be reviewed in the future. Thank you.
Please note that on PE days children with pierced ears will be expected to remove earrings or cover them with tape as staff are not permitted to do so.
Please keep checking our page and google classroom for updates.
Class Update and Information for parents - September 2021
Welcome back to school and welcome to 5LW, the Scarlet Macaws. I have been super impressed by the way the children have come back to school this year in these still unusual circumstances and have settled into their new class and our routines.
Below is some important information for you to make a note of.
1) PE days are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Your child can come to school in their PE kit on these days. Please ensure that earrings are removed or covered and children come in comfortable trainers. Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather, especially for the colder season ahead as we will be getting out as much as possible.
2) Please send your child with a waterproof coat everyday when the weather is poor.
3) Please send your child with a water bottle to use in class.
4) Your child may bring a healthy snack to have at break times.
5) Spellings and times tables tests will be every week, where children will be tested on a Friday. Your child will have a copy of he half-termly spellings and are normally posted on Google Classroom.
I hope that this information is useful and I will keep you updated as the term progress.
Thank you for your support,
Autumn term 2021
This term we will be learning all about what life was like during the Victorian times, with a particular focus on the introduction of the Victorian Period, the workhouse and the Industrial Revolution. We will be doing lots of exciting pieces of work relating to this topic and I can't wait to get started on it.
This term our Novel Study is based on 'Street Child' by Berlie Doherty. It is a fantastic novel and I can't wait to share it with you.
I can't wait to get started with all of this exciting work and I hope you are just as excited too. See you very soon!