Welcome to class 5HD. We are the Scarlet Macaws! I hope you have had a fabulous Summer and are as excited as I am about getting back to school and the new school year ahead.
Our class theme this year is a mix of superheroes and scarlet macaws. If you work hard and always try your best, Percy the parrot will notice and you may have a chance of becoming 'Star of the Week' and you will be rewarded with a Percy and his diary who you will get to take home for the weekend.
Please note that this year, we will aim to do lots of outdoor learning and exercise outdoors daily. Therefore please ensure your child brings their PE kit to school on a Monday and leaves it in school for the full week. Thank you.
Please note that on PE days children with pierced ears will be expected to remove earrings or cover them with tape as staff are not permitted to do so.
Please keep checking our page and google classroom for updates.
Class Update and Information for parents - September 2020
Welcome back to school and welcome to 5HD the Scarlet Macaws. I have been super impressed by the way the children have come back to school this week in these unusual circumstances and have settled into their new class and the new routines.
Below is some important information for you to make a note of.
1) PE days are Tuesday and Thursday. Your child can come to school in their PE kit on these days. Please ensure that earrings are removed or covered and children come in comfortable trainers. Please ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather, especially for the colder season ahead as we will be getting out as much as possible.
2) Everyday children will take part in the 'Daily Mile' so please ensure children have a pair of trainers (they could leave at school) to change into for this event. Please note; they do not need a change of clothes for this event.
3) Soon we will be accessing our forest area, which as the winter season approaches will become wet and muddy so please send a pair of wellies to school with your child in a bag that they can keep on their peg. (Please put name labels in all of your child's belongings).
4) Please send your child with a waterproof coat everyday.
5) Please send your child with a water bottle to use in class.
6) Your child may bring a healthy snack to have at break times.
7) Please ensure your child comes to school with as little as possible - therefore we are asking for no stationary or books/toys to be brought into school.
8) Spellings and times tables tests will begin next week, where children will be tested on a Friday. Please find this half term's spelling list on this class page.
9) A homework grid will also be available here on the class page. Soon we will be launching google classroom where any homework can be submitted via this platform. More details coming soon.
10) Please return any school books you may have at home from last year as soon as possible.
I hope that this information is useful and I will keep you updated as the term progress.
Thank you for your support,
Autumn term 2020
This term we will be learning all about what life was like during the Victorian times, with a particular focus on the introduction of the Steam Engines and the Industrial Revolution. We will be doing lots of exciting pieces of work relating to this topic and I can't wait to get started on it.
This term our Novel Study is based on 'Street Child' by Berlie Doherty. It is a fantastic novel and I can't wait to share it with you.
I can't wait to get started with all of this exciting work and I hope you are just as excited too. See you very soon!